The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program was created by the United States Congress in 1990 to stimulate the American economy through job creation with the help of foreign capital. The program is operated by the USCIS; United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- By becoming a partner in an approved EB-5 project, the applicants contribute to the creation of job opportunities in the United States, and in return they get awarded with permanent residency status (green card) in the United States.
- EB-5 applicants also have the chance to start the green card application process for their family members, including their spouses as well as children who are under 21 years of age.
- In order to apply for a green card through the program, EB-5 applicants are required to keep the regulated EB-5 investment amount in a government approved project fund for a total duration of 5 years.
The green card applications start as soon as the main applicant becomes an official partner in the project. The applicants and their family members get their entry visa to the United States in about a year from the beginning of the process. On the other hand, the business partnership aspect of the process ends in 5 years when the EB-5 applicant receives back the investment from the project fund.
Benefits of becoming a Permanent Resident of the United States
With your green card you can;
• Choose to live and work anywhere in the US
• Travel outside and enter the US without a visa
• Get social benefits (healthcare, retirement, etc.)
• Become a US Citizen after 5 years of green card
• Get accepted to American universities and K-12
schools without paying extra international fees
Industry Leaders in Hawaii
Hawaii has always been regarded as the meeting point of the Pacific world due to its strategic unique position. With its convenient location, pristine nature and advantageous property ownership regulations, the Hawaiian archipelago has become the preferred destination of entrepreneurs from Asia, America and Australia to buy land and homes.
About 10 years ago, the Koa group chose the State of Hawaii as the primary address for its projects because of these very reasons. Our mission was to build bridges between Asia and America and there is no better place to realize this other than Hawaii. To this day, we have conducted several commercial and residential development projects in the region, planned and managed three EB-5-funded projects, raised over $75 million in international funding, and presented our partners and clients with omni-beneficial business opportunities.
From Hawaii to New York
After completing three EB-5-funded projects in the State of Hawaii, Koa group partnered with the most reputable regional center in New York and began to offer high-profile projects in NYC to prospective applicants.
Our partner has provided over $1.5 billion of foreign investment to help fund a wide variety of real estate and infrastructure projects in New York City. In addition to fueling economic development and creating jobs for New Yorkers, their offerings have enabled over 4,650 individuals to become permanent residents of the United States through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program.